Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Project: Vintage Sleevless Shirt

     Another project inspired by Indestructables.com.  I can't really think of it as anything else.  I had bought this simple floral western-style shirt from work, and it was cute, but it was a men's shirt.  Too big.  Pulled in the sleeves and trimmed up the bottom for a vintage-ey feel.


     Like how it turned out, but the sleeves are definitely uneven.  I notice, but who else would? 

     Can you tell I'm looking forward to spring?  All these cute little tops and dresses and it's only barely above 40 here. 

2 comments:

  1. There are some fantastic men's shirts about with great patterns on - I'm always tempted to just buy them anyway and get them altered :P Will have to borrow my mum's sewing machine...and learn how to use it... you're definitely an inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, forgot to include this in the post but here's the inspiration: http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Sleeveless-Button-Down-Shirt/

      I saw the picture and just jumped in feet-first, which is probably what caused the muck-up with the sleeves.

      And it means a lot to hear you're inspired! I'll buy clothes just because of the great patterns and I've slowly been figuring out what I want to do with them... and plowing head first into it.

      Delete