Friday, April 13, 2012

Project: Flannel Schmannel

     I went through a massive flannel phase not but two years ago.  I've realized since that wearing them did very little for my body, and then I had this impressive collection of men's flannels that I didn't know what to do with.  This is until I saw this Instructables how-to.  I had to give it a shot.

Before:

     Picked out this flannel.  Liked the colors, and had a couple brass buttons that would look great with the style.  I followed the instructions almost to a T, but instead of wearing it with the buttons on the back, I flipped it around to the front.  The result?


     A flannel dress!  Really pleased with this one.  Planning on going out tonight in it because I feel pretty good in it.  It fits tight across the chest, and it's supposed to be strapless, but as I expended my only strapless bra on a bustier top, I just keep my bra straps out.  

     I've gotten the suggestion that I get better photographs for detail on my blog.  I'm working on finding a photographer to collaborate with.  Until then, it'll be Android photos (which, the quality isn't that bad, but the self-portrait is pretty limited).  Looking forward to a different photo style though!  If you have any suggestions for me, feel free to leave them as comments.  I'm always looking for ways to improve both my blog and my sewing. :)

1 comment: