Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Project: Against the Plain White T

    Another thing I bought a couple months ago and never wore was this strangely designed tank top.  I should have taken a picture of it before hacking it up, but since I didn't I'll just have to hope a description will suffice.
This tank:
          a) Had no shape
          b) Had a waistline that didn't hit any waist that I knew of
          c) This awesome lace pattern that wasn't quite centered and wasn't quite off-centered
          d) Had one shoulder that looked like it was supposed to be different from the other, but wasn't.
     Ugh.  Really, the only reason I bought it in the first place was for the neat-o lace pattern.  So I grafted it onto the back of a plain white t-shirt. 

Front

Back

     I kept the integrity of the plain-t-feel in the front, I always liked the neckline and didn't want to interrupt it.  I then added the little peek-a-boo in the back.  You can't quite tell from the back view I provided (taking pictures from that angle is awkward anyway), but there's also a little bit of ruching of the tee underneath the pattern.  I'm still wearing it.  And it got a thumbs up from the boyfriend.  Yes. 

1 comment:

  1. Verrry nice, I love little details on otherwise plain clothes :) with I could alter some of my clothes :P

    ReplyDelete